American Pitbull Terriers, aka Pitbulls, have a terrible reputation, but they go very well with families and affectionate their owners. Proper training, exercise, and sleep are essential for these dogs. But are you sure your dog is getting adequate sleep? You can help your dog to have a comfortable sleep by purchasing a dog bed. There are many types of dog beds for Pitbulls that you can choose from.
Pitbulls are powerful chewers; therefore, you need to choose chew proof dog beds for Pitbulls. This is so that you can save yourself from a huge mess. We have compiled a list of some of the best dog beds for Pitbulls so that you can choose one for your dog. There are different types of Pitbulls, each offering various benefits. Let’s learn about these now.
- 10 Best Collars For Pitbulls In 2020 – (Complete Review)
- Best 12 Harness For Pitbulls To Stop Pulling In 2020
- Best Dog Bed For Hip Dysplasia In 2020 [Top 10 Picks]
What Will I Learn?
- 1 Our Top 5 Recommendations For The Best Dog Beds For Pitbulls
- 2 3 Types of Dog Beds Best for Pitbulls
- 3 2 Surprsing Benefits Of Dog Beds for Pitbulls?
- 4 10 Best Dog Beds For Pitbulls You Should Buy Now
- 4.1 1. Kuranda Dog Bed – Chewproof:
- 4.2 2. Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed:
- 4.3 3. K9 Ballistics Tough Rectangle Nesting Dog Bed:
- 4.4 4. The Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo:
- 4.5 5. Thick High-Grade Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed:
- 4.6 6. K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot:
- 4.7 7. Blueberry Pet Heavy Duty Pet Bed or Bed Cover:
- 4.8 8. Furhaven Pet – Packable Travel Bed, Plush Orthopedic Sofa:
- 4.9 9. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler:
- 4.10 10. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, CertiPUR-US Orthopedic Memory Foam:
- 5 4 Things To Consider While Selecting Bed For Pitbulls
- 6 Caring Tips for Dog Beds (How to Keep your Dog Bed Clean?)
- 7 Conclusion
Our Top 5 Recommendations For The Best Dog Beds For Pitbulls
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed, Premium Memory Foam
PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed
Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
K&H PET PRODUCTS Deluxe Ortho Bolster Sleeper Pet Bed
3 Types of Dog Beds Best for Pitbulls
Before choosing a brand, it is essential to select the type of dog bed you want for your pitbull. Each type has its unique features that you can look at.
1. Beds with Pillows:
These dog beds are less expensive because of the polyfill material used in it. It is long-lasting than others, but it is not as essential for joint pain as memory foam. However, your dog can sleep on it comfortably.
2. Beds with Orthopedic Material:
It is one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls. It is essential for dogs that some kind of spinal or muscle issue. These dog beds are expensive but provide a lot of benefits to your dog.
Bolsters are helpful for dogs that like to sleep on something under their head. These types of dog beds provide comfort and security to your dog. Air circulation in these types of dog beds helps your dog breathe easily and relieve breathing issues.
2 Surprsing Benefits Of Dog Beds for Pitbulls?
There are a lot of dog beds for Pitbulls, but what benefits do they have? Well, taking care of a pitbull is not easy. Dog beds are beneficial for both pet owners and dogs.
1. Healthy Joints:
Pitbulls usually suffer from hip dysplasia and other joint diseases. Dog bed helps to relieve their muscle and joint pain. It also provides a quiet and comfortable place for your dog, which promotes joint health in dogs.
2. Prevent Chewing Furniture:
As mentioned earlier, Pitbulls are potent chewers, and they can chew your furniture as well. Therefore, keep a dog bed at home so that your furniture can be saved.
3. Better Sleep:
Dog beds also help to have a better and peaceful sleep for your dog. They are cozy and comfortable, so your dog can easily cuddle. These are made of quality materials which all sum to provide peaceful sleep to pets.
10 Best Dog Beds For Pitbulls You Should Buy Now
As mentioned above, Pitbulls are great chewers and may destroy the whole bed. For this reason, you need to get a chew proof dog bed. Kuranda dog bed has a high rating of 4.8 stars by 740+ users. The mattress has an aluminum frame with a vinyl sleeping surface.
The bed has an elevated design to keep your dog comfortable, calm, and dry. Moreover, it can be cleaned easily, and vinyl is a highly durable fabric for beds. The company provides one year of warranty.
- The elevated design of the bed protects your dog’s knees and hips. It is joint-friendly.
- Heavy-duty 40-ounce solid vinyl has been used in this dog bed, which makes it highly durable.
- The aluminium frame is lightweight and can bear the weight of dogs up to 250lbs.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year warranty.
- The product has received highly positive reviews from users.
- Some owners said that the bed was chew-proof, durable and provided comfortable sleep to their dog as well.
- The elevated design of bed promotes airflow to keep your dog cool in hot weather.
- Some dog owners found it difficult to assemble and disassemble the bed.
Kuranda dog bed is available in different sizes such as
- MINI 25×18
- SML 30×20
- MED 35×23
- LRG 40×25
- XL 44×27
- XXL 50×36
Another positively reviewed dog bed for Pitbulls, Big Baker 7, has been rated 4.8 stars by 4300+ users. It is available in different sizes so that you can choose according to your dog. Big Barker is a durable and supportive dog bed with foam lining that will not flatten. It is suitable for reducing pain and increasing mobility in dogs.
Getting this dog bed is like making a long-term investment. It’s a high-quality dog bed made of foam and comes with a ten year of warranty. It’s a small business run by a family, and the product is made in the USA. You can easily fit it into any corner of your house, and it will look good.
- The bed is joint-friendly for your dog.
- You can easily remove its cover for washing.
- It’s a hand-made product and is manufactured in the USA.
- The headset makes it extra comfortable for your dog.
- It is considered one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls and is suitable for large dog breeds.
- The product has orthopedic foam, which means that it is joint-friendly.
- Getting this dog bed for your pitbull is like making a long-term investment.
- Big Barker is expensive than other dog beds.
- Large (48 X 30 X 7)
- Extra Large (52 X 36 X 7)
- Giant (60 X 48 X 7)
With various sizes, the K9 Ballistic dog bed has been rated 3.9 stars by 850+ users. It’s like offering a durable mattress to your dog. K9 ballistic is helpful to have a great and comfortable sleep.
If you are looking for chew proof dog beds for Pitbulls, consider this option as one of Pitbulls’ indestructible dog beds. It is waterproof and can be easily washed in a machine. Your dog will not be able to scratch it. If it is damaged within 120 days after receiving, the company will replace it one time.
- The dog bed is suitable for scratchers, diggers, and can also be used for chewers.
- It has a chew resistant and bites proof cover that can be washed easily in a machine. It is waterproof, and you can easily remove it.
- The bed’s inner layer is made CertiPUR-US foam, which is joint-friendly and provides comfort to your dog.
- It has 120 days guaranteed. If your dog has chewed it, you can easily change it within 120 days.
- The very first benefit that the K9 ballistic offers are its chew-proof cover. It can resist the chewing behaviors of dogs
- It comes with 120 days guarantee.
- Its cost worth its features.
- The chew-proof cover is for light to moderate chewers. However, powerful chewers such as Pitbulls can rip it off.
- Small (18″x24″x5″)
- Medium (27″x33″x5″)
- Large (34″x40″x5″)
- X-Large (38″x54″x5″)
- XX-Large (40″x68″x5″)
It’s one of the positively reviewed dog beds for Pitbulls with a range of different sizes. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 2800+ users and has a portable design. The product is lightweight and provides advantages to both the dog and the pet owner.
There are unique features of this product that make it one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls. These include high-quality fabric, suspended platform, and steel stands. It is 7 inches in height and 9 square feet, which means it is comfortable for any pitbull size. Steel stands have a powdered coating, which helps in supporting the weight of your dog.
High-density breathable polymer fabric has been used, which promotes air circulation. It also saves your dog from mildew, flea, and mites. This bed is best for dogs who do not like sleeping on the ground and protects them from cold.
- The dog bed has a suspended platform and in height from the ground.
- It is suitable for Pitbulls of any size and protects them from fleas and mites.
- Also, it can support Pitbulls having weight up to 75 pounds.
- It is 7 inches above the ground, so protects your dog from cold and other related diseases.
- Air circulation throughout the bed keeps your dog cool, so it is effective for warm weather.
- It can be used both indoor and outdoor.
- It isn’t easy to use in the winter season.
- You have to wash the entire bed to clean it.
With two different sizes, this dog bed has been rated 4.7 stars by 3000+ users. It’s a high-quality product that provides comfort and orthopedic support. There are two zippers covers, and both are water-resistant. They can be cleaned very quickly and has a micro-suede cover, which is very comfortable.
It is highly recommended for orthopedic support. The bed gives your dog relief from joint pains, muscle stiffness, hip dysplasia, arthritis, etc. With all these features, it is one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls.
- The bed has two anti-slip zipper covers.
- It has a double layer that protects your dog.
- Prevents dogs from allergies.
- This dog bed has a hypoallergenic foam.
- It has a pillow which is perfect for providing support to the neck and head.
- Its inner lining is waterproof, and the covers are water-resistant.
- Some pet owners reported that they felt difficulty in expanding the mattress when they unpacked it.
One of the dog beds for Pitbulls and has been rated 4.6 stars by 6300+ users. It is best for powerful chewers and is available in cot style. This dog bed is also elevated and affordable. K&H is a high Cot which is both comfortable and highly durable for your dog.
Heavy denier fabric has been used in its manufacturing. It is waterproof, and its mesh center helps your dog to stay calm. The dog bed has been tested for holding up the weight of 200 pounds. This is a simple dog bed and does not have been tools to assemble it without any confusion quickly.
You can easily remove its cover, and it is washable. The company provides a 1-year warranty and is available in different sizes.
- It has a double layer waterproof and 600 denier fabric mesh.
- You can easily remove its cover for washing.
- This is easy to assemble, and there is no tool with it.
- It comes in two styles; retail box, recyclable box.
- Many pet owners have highly reviewed the product.
- It prevents scratching.
- Your dog will also love it.
- There are hardly any complaints about this dog bed. In some rare cases, owners reported that some fabric in the corner was accessible for their dog.
- Small (17″ X 22″ x 7″)
- Medium (25″ X 32″ x 7″)
- Large (30″ X 42 x 7″)
- X-Large (32″ x 50″ x 9″)
Blueberry pet massive duty bed is available in different sizes, and more than 1400 users have rated this bed with 4.5 stars. It has been made using microsuede fabric. Recycled and eco-friendly microfiber has been filled in it, which makes it comfortable for your dog.
With every purchase, you will get a bone pillow of matching color. Its cover is washable, and you can easily remove it by simply unzipping it. It is washable in a machine on a gentle cycle, making sure that the water is cold.
- The brand features a dog bed that has a sofa like the design. It is cozy, unique, and comfortable for the dog.
- Its cover can be removed, and you can easily wash it in a machine.
- It comes with a pillow, which is a bonus.
- It is soft and provides extra comfort to your dog.
- High-quality materials have been used in it.
- The sofa-like bed gives the best sleeping experience for your dog.
- You can clean it easily.
- Some pet owners reported that the bed is unable to withstand the dog’s teeth and chewing.
It is one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls with different sizes available. It has been rated 4.5 stars by 23000+ users. Furhaven is suitable for dogs that have some joint problems or orthopedic problems. It can also be used for disabled dogs. The bed provides comfort to your dog. There are three-sided bolsters that offer security to your dog.
It has egg-crate orthopedic foam and provides support to your dog’s joints. The body weight of the dog is equally distributed on it and promotes air circulation. The bed cover is removable, and you can wash it in a machine for easy cleaning. If you buy it directly from the company, you will get a 90 days guarantee.
- Three-sided bolsters provide safety to the dog.
- It is highly durable and suitable for pets with joint problems.
- Its covers are removable that is made of fleece fabric and can be washed in the machine.
- The bed provides plenty of space to your dog so he can sleep comfortably.
- It is suitable for providing orthopedic support to your dog.
- Air circulation gives a cooling effect on your dog.
- It cannot withstand powerful chewers such as Pitbulls.
- Jumbo Plus
Best Friends by Sheri has been used by many customers and has been rated 4.6 stars by 19000+ users. This is a round shape dog bed which helps your dog to cuddle and have a better sleep. It has a raised rim, which not only provides security but also supports the neck and head.
Its filling is so soft and comfortable, which helps relieve muscles or joints pain. For best furnishing, company uses the Faux shag fur. It is self-warming just like a mother’s, so your dog will have a restful sleep. It looks nice, so you can easily place it anywhere in your house.
- There are a variety of different colors available which look natural.
- It is water and dirt resistant.
- You can easily wash it in a machine.
- The cozy and soft filling makes it very comfortable, so your dog has a better sleep.
- Provides support to neck and head and is essential for joint and muscles pain.
- Faux shag fur is self-warming, which makes it ideal for the winter season.
- It has a minimum odor and can be cleaned easily.
- The bed cannot be air-dried after washing.
- You cannot use it for a dog with teething or chewing behavior.
- Small 23″ x 23″
- Medium 30″ x 30″
- Large 36″ x 36″
- Extra Large 45″ x 45″
One of the dog beds for Pitbulls and is rated 4.7 stars by 9200+ users. There are different shades of colors and different sizes available that you can choose according to your dog. It is made using 35% cotton ad 65% polyester.
The company ensures its durability, and it is water and tear-resistant. Bolsters are present around the bed to provide security to your dog. Materials used in its making are not harmful to the environment and can be recycled.
- It has a non-skid bottom.
- The cover is water-resistant due to which cleaning becomes easier.
- Bolsters are present around the bed to secure your dog.
- It has a washable and removable cover.
- Bolsters also support the neck and head of your dog.
- High-quality material has been used in it which is safe for dog’s skin.
- As it is very soft, it may not withstand powerful chewers like Pitbulls.
- Small (25×20″)
- Large (36×28″)
- X-Large (44×34″)
- XXL Jumbo (50×40″)
4 Things To Consider While Selecting Bed For Pitbulls
For choosing one of the best dog beds for Pitbulls, there are some essential things that you need to keep in mind. These will help you to get a chew proof dog bed for Pitbulls.
1. Is the dog bed washable?
One of the critical factors you need to check is that either the bed is washable or not. Pitbulls are sensitive dogs and can easily be attacked by skin allergies. Therefore, taking proper care is very important. Make sure there are no pollens on the bed, and its covers are washable so that you can clean easily.
2. Joint Friendly:
Pitbulls are prone to diseases, and they will get hip dysplasia at some point in their life. Therefore, you need to get a good bed to relieve muscle and joints pain and make your dog comfortable.
3. Chew proof:
Pitbulls are powerful chewers; therefore, they can easily chew the sheet or will tear it off. Therefore, you need to select a chew-proof bed so that it can stay for a longer time.
4. Quality of Bed:
Make sure to get the high-quality bed. These should not be allergic to your dog. The mattress should be highly durable, and changing a mattress is not easy again and again. Therefore, make a long-term investment at once
Caring Tips for Dog Beds (How to Keep your Dog Bed Clean?)
It is essential to keep the dog beds for Pitbulls clean and germs free otherwise, they can get allergic. There are a few tips that, if followed, will help you to keep the bed clean for a more extended period, and you don’t have to clean it daily.
- While you vacuum your floor, you can clean the dog bed as well.
- It is essential to keep the bed in sunlight once a week. This will help in killing bacteria and remove odors.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the bed and the vacuum it after some hours
- Waterproof color helps to prevent the bed from stains.
- Use mild detergent in warm water for cleaning the spots.
- Grooming and bathing your dog regularly is essential.
- It is essential to wash the legs as soon as he comes home; otherwise, he will make the bed dirty.
There are a lot of dog beds for pitbull available in the market. You can choose easily for your pitbull because they serve a lot of benefits. Some of the recommended and best dog beds for Pitbulls have been mentioned above that you can read.
Moreover, there are couples of things you need to understand before looking for a dog bed. High-quality materials should be used in the manufacturing of beds, and they should promote the health of your pet. Orthopedic dog beds are best for relieving pains.